Ghosts of Electricity Live at Ashkenaz Theater on 2009-10-31
01. Tangled Up In Blue (11.19)
02. Takes A Train To Cry* (8.53)
03. Queen Jane Approximately (7.16)
04. The Man In Me (7.51)
05. Just Like A Woman (4.09)
06. The Ballad Of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest* (12.03)
07. Stuck Inside Of Mobile (13.01)
08. Senor (9.49)
09. You're A Big Girl Now (7.06) >
10. Highway 61 Revisted (11.00)
11. Knockin' on Heaven's Door (with Wavy Gravy) (16.40)
12. Like A Rolling Stone (9.04)
13. Ballad Of A Thin Man (9.40)
14. Visions Of Johanna (11.40)
15. The Times They Are A Changin' (4.34)
16. Things Have Changed (7.41)
17. Idiot Wind (8.43)
18. All Along The Watchtower (9.56)
19. Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You (7.12)
20. She Belongs To Me (11.30)
21. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (3.57)
22. Baby Let Me Follow You Down (7.56)
23. Encore:Standing In The Doorway (10.24)
24. Maggies Farm (14.07)
Collection GhostsOfElectricityBand/Artist Ghosts of ElectricityVenue Ashkenaz TheaterLocation Berkeley, CASource 2-tr SBD > SoundDevices 722Lineage HDD transfer > LMA > My Hard Drive for ReMastering > TLH (decode FLACS) > Add-A-Wave > Soundforge (levels) > TLH (Re-encode Flacs) > LMATaped by Bo PutnamTransferred by Peter Toluzzi
Ghosts of Electricity is:
Mark Karan - guitars and vocals
Stu Allen - guitar and vocals
Mookie Siegel - keys and vocals
Robin Sylvester - bass
Greg Anton - drums
Pat Nevins - guitar and vocals
* with Bo Putnam on harmonica
This soundboard recording was originally made and uploaded here:
by Sound Engineer Bo Putnam. I have remastered it for the purpose of balancing vocal levels, which were often uncomfortably louder than the instrumental passages in between. It was a slow and painstaking task, by the way! But I'd already tried working extensively with two other audience recordings, and was unable to make either of them sound close to as good as this soundboard. So I hope you find this sounds even more listenable than the other version archived here. Enjoy! I don't know when or if the Ghosts of Electricity will play again, but this was SO good, I'm just trying to get the best version possible in circulation...
This is a hard show to burn to CD. I suggest overburning to 81 minutes if you can, and if so, CD1 has Set 1 tracks 1 - 9, CD2 has the rest of Set 1 and Set 2 through track 15, and CD 3 contains the conclusion of the show. If you want to use 4 discs, have at it! It was a LONG show, the night that daylight savings ended and 2 AM became 1 AM...
Source: 2-tr SBD > SoundDevices 722
Lineage: HDD transfer > LMA > My Hard Drive > TLH (decode FLACS) > Add-A-Wave > Soundforge (levels) > TLH (Re-encode Flacs) > LMA
September 20, 2012
I love the way they do dylans songs
I wish they would do every Dylans song in there song this band is so loose and tight at the same time. I am going to be listening and sharing this many many times thanks for posting and remastering it sounds great did i say it before I cant say it enough. Love the people in the band, too, a great combination of musicans like the person said before me I wish I lived in the bay area.
September 20, 2012
il grande lebowski
i love this recording and show. absolutely stunning. wish i lived in san fran.
man in me is the crown jewel. brings to mind memories of the big lebowski, and the early scene at the bowling alley.
January 15, 2010
great sound...sweet show...stu doin', the man in me...awesome...
January 14, 2010
Sounds great, thanks for working this up.